During the past 30 years, working with thousands of people and their bodies, I have developed a highly effective technique and sensibility to feel what is not moving in the body, in minute degrees, and a fluent language to communicate to the body how to get those tissues moving again.
Within a full-body, non-sexual treatment, the whole body as a harmonious system is re-membered, re-constituted, made whole again. This is a distinct difference from many other bodywork modalities that work deeply on parts of the body in any given session but do not integrate those altered parts back into the body-brain’s sensual experience as a whole system; or from massages that feel good while they are happening but do not alleviate or alter underlying pain or problematic patterns.
It is lack of movement that causes pain, injury, decay, inhibition, anxiety, lack of vitality, things not healing properly – so my understanding of how to cue the brain and body in numerous ways to retrieve that movement enables people to feel tremendous relief, freedom, and expansion in many aspects of their lives.
Speaking with hands, subtle strategic movements, and sometimes words, my work is a kinesthetic conversation with flesh, bone, and brain. In this communication, neuro-pathways are re-sensed, re-experienced, restored and one’s body can enjoy the pleasure of feeling whole again.
How do I do this?
I engage proprioception to wake-up the WholeBody by:
- Reading movement and lack thereof- tension patterns, joint capacities, neurological responsiveness, aliveness/conscious connectedness
- Working three-dimensionally with keen awareness of how gravity effects tension patterns
- Putting gravity to work for you – how is it revealing and helping to release tension patterns?
- Working intricately and globally simultaneously – strategic sequence of covering the whole body in a 90 minute session while also re-patterning, in detail, idiosyncratic compensatory strategies
- Using neurological triangulation – strategically putting parts of the body in positions so the body can “find” degrees of movement that have gone MIA.
- Strategically positioning limbs to cue/wake-up movement for which muscle release is necessary
- Awakening simple pleasure – one of the greatest inspirations to feel, breath and embody more fully
- Working expertly to release the crucial, and too often neglected, tension patterns of the armpits and groin
- Using verbal cuing to bring conscious attention to what can be released only from the inside out (I can’t make the body do it no matter how skilled I am)
All of this work is physically passive for the client but sensually active.
My method optimizes conscious movement, making the body more available for engagement, self-expression, and pleasure.
If you are massage professional interested in learning from me, please contact me for more information.